[Twisted-Python] Getting Stories Straight (RPYs)

Philippe Lafoucrière lafou at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jun 24 04:38:53 EDT 2003

> > In fact, I propose that we put a hack into ResourceScript which stats
> > the .rpy file after it's been run, and if it is more than 512 bytes,
> > print a UserWarning like:
> >
> > 	Woah there, code cowboy!  It's likely you've misunderstood what RPYs
> > are for.  Have you read this?
> >
> > http://www.twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2003-June/
> > 004693.html
> [...]

I think we **really** need some complete doc about that. Building a
large web app with half written doc is quite hard (no doc for macros,
guard, Form, ...). Btw, I don't know how (and where !) to start
developping my application :(

RPY seems to be a good starting point to me. But I think I was using it
in a wrong way.
If I understand it well, I should have :

- xhtml templates.
- xhtml macro templates eventually.
- rpy files.
- py files.

xhtml templates are used for presentation
python files are used for logic
rpy are glue between presentation and logic.

that's it ?