[Twisted-Python] New Guard question

Jonathan Lange jml at ids.org.au
Mon Jun 23 13:02:00 EDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 01:05:47AM -0500, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 02:33 PM, jml at ids.org.au wrote:
> > What does the returned Resource represent?
>
> [confuso-ray generating padding]
> The whole UI for that user.
> Send more questions.

I assume this is a correct summary.

So, I guess this means that for a web application with that allows anonymous
users to do and see many things on many pages, there'll be many Portal and
Realm instances? Or is this where the mysterious mind comes into play?

Also, your badidea example didn't really help me. Firstly, I don't use weird
guard sessions, I just use normal sessions. Secondly, much of the if/then
logic is wrapped in Views that provide patterns to the templates. Example:

    (<a view="personLink"/>)</span>

It's hard to see how to do this with guard.

This email is probably premature, as I'm still fiddling around with some
trivial examples trying to get stuff to work. (Examples using Page.wchild_*
and getDynamicChild methods, rather than resource.putChild)

cheers,
jml