[Twisted-Python] A fake SMTP server

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Thu Jun 19 22:37:22 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 02:18:16PM -0400, Christopher Armstrong wrote:

> On 2003.06.19 03:11, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I've written a small script which implements a very basic dummy
> > SMTP server. It only listens to email and dumps the contents on
> > the screen. I needed it for debugging mail functions at work, where
> > touching the server SMTP is not allowed/dangerous.  Maybe somebody
> > else finds it useful.
> >
> >  http://gradha.sdf-eu.org/program/fake_SMTP_server-0.1.0.tar.gz
>
> This would be great to have in doc/examples. Would you be willing to
> consign copyright to glyph and contribute fake_SMTP_server.py?

If you do, then I'll gladly spend a little bit of time to make it slightly
more idiomatic, i.e. use twisted.python.usage rather than getopt, and
probably make it work with twistd -y.

Actually, it may even be an idea to have both the "before" and "after" to
help demonstrate how easy it is to use twistd ;)

-Andrew.