[Twisted-Python] Lies, Damn Lies, and Stable Interfaces

Moshe Zadka m at moshez.org
Mon Jun 16 07:06:21 EDT 2003

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> 	login(credentials, mind, *interfaces)
>
> The docstring is quite expansive (see twisted.cred.portal), but in
> brief, this is what you call when you need to call in order to connect
> a user to the system.  The result is a deferred which fires a tuple of:
<snip>

I'm guessing that is only true if the login succeeds?
In particular, if the callback is true, am I guaranteed the login
was approved? And if it isn't, will an errback be fired?
[context: I am trying to write a simple HTTP authenticator. I don't
give a damn who the user is, but I want to make sure he's in my
password file]
--
Moshe Zadka -- http://moshez.org/
Buffy: I don't like you hanging out with someone that... short.