[Twisted-Python] typos

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Tue Jun 10 01:56:44 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 11:43:05PM -0600, Andrew Dalke wrote:

> Others said the doc build takes an hour.  I would rather not learn how to
> do that myself, if for no other reason then that after I do a CVS update I
> don't want to wait an hour to read the new docs.

The API doc build takes an hour; that's the heavily cross-linked docs
autogenerated from our docstrings that you can browse at
    http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/TwistedDocs/current/api/

If you're using CVS, you may as well just read the code directly rather than
use the API docs.

The "Howto" documents can be built quite quickly using admin/process-docs,
but this script does assume you have a latex and things installed for the PS
and PDF generation.

To just build the HTML docs from Lore source (which is generally fairly
readable in a web browser anyway), do:

    lore --config template=doc/howto/template.tpl \
         --config baseurl=http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/TwistedDocs/current/api/public/%s.html \
         -l ../howto/ doc/howto/*.html

(You can omit the baseurl part if you don't mind the links to the API docs
being broken.)

Building just the HTML docs should only take about a minute.

-Andrew.