[Twisted-Python] XMLRPC Authentication

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Jun 8 00:29:28 EDT 2003

On Saturday, June 7, 2003, at 09:00 PM, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

> As with most high-level libraries in twisted, it's totally optional. It
> does give you a nice pluggable backend, so you can use same auth
> database for all Twisted apps. That's the theory. It might even be true
> if we manage to rewrite cred this month :)

This is actually pretty likely.  I need cred implemented for LOTS of
reasons this month.

> No, like I said, that does form based authentication. You'd want a
> twisted.web.fuard.HTTPAuthResourceGuard. If you write one and
> contribute
> it we can include it.

What I'd really like is the ability to configure a guard to use HTTP
auth depending on certain parameters, such as the user-agent.  For
example, a site which traditionally uses form-based authentication with
interactive browsers still might be better-suited to HTTP auth when one
is fetching a file with wget.