[Twisted-Python] FTP client with TLS

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Fri Jun 6 13:09:18 EDT 2003

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 13:04:44 -0400
Jp Calderone <exarkun at intarweb.us> wrote:

>   If FTP TLS is anything like TLS in SMTP or IMAP or POP, the client
>   issues
> a command like "starttls" then issues no further commands until the
> server acknowledges this, at which point some level of encryption is
> negotiated and the remainder of the session is so encrypted.

It's a bit more complicated (e.g. I think on active FTP the client
initiates TLS even though server initiates TCP connection, but we
support that thanks to you!). And it's more like HTTP where you encrypt
the whole session, I think.

Shouldn't be too hard to do if the FTP code is clean enough.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
http://www.zoteca.com -- Python & Twisted consulting