[Twisted-Python] Re: [Zope3-dev] twisted zope

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Jul 28 22:28:11 MDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 11:16:22PM -0500, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> I have been considering approaching the Python team to ask about
> relicensing / including portions of twisted.internet in core Python at
> some point, since it seems to have eclipsed asyncore in terms of
> popularity, but I am sure that such discussions would be fraught with
> subtle corner cases and versioning issues, and I am very, very short on
> time at the moment.  However, if another member of the Twisted team
> would like to take up this discussion, either about core Python or
> about Zope 3, I'd be more than willing to appoint a proxy.

I dread the day that parts of Twisted start making it into Python
core. If it ever does, though, I want to "brute-force" the versioning
issue and put it in a top-level package with a name other than
"twisted" (And I'm sure Guido would agree, as he doesn't like names
like "twisted" and "optik"). That way if we continue to develop bits
that are also in Python, there will be no versioning clashes. We've
all seen this issue with the (*flinch* *flinch*) `xml' package.

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/