[Twisted-Python] Wrapping blocking code

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Jul 25 11:58:54 MDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 11:39:34AM -0600, Justin Johnson wrote:
> Thanks much.  Yes this works.
>
> Can someone else comment on the stability of win32eventreactor, given the
> deprecation warnings I'm getting?

The DeprecationWarnings aren't indicative of anything other than the
fact that nobody's gotten around to updating it yet. However, I have
had a problem with the win32eventreactor before, when using it with a
Tkinter GUI. I don't know if it was Tkinter or win32eventreactor that
was causing the problem, but I think it was related to threads. It
would segfault non-deterministically (inside of Tkinter code) when I
tried to do some things. However, it was always before any of the
process code was run, so I don't think it had anything to do with
that. I just decided to switch to the select reactor, with no signal
handlers installed, and use popen(), because the processes I was
executing didn't take long.

So, all I have to say is, if you use win32eventreactor with Tkinter,
you might have some problems.

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/