[Twisted-Python] unlistenTCP not working?

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Thu Jul 24 11:42:25 MDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:15:28 +0100
"Michael Porter" <mporter at despammed.com> wrote:

> I'm having a problem with unlistenTCP - it doesn't seem to work if
> application.listenTCP was called after the reactor is started. Am I
> missing something here or is this a bug? See test code below for
> demonstration...

In general, if you're doing unlisten, it's probably best to just use
"port = reactor.listenTCP", and "port.stopListening()" when you're done.

The idea is, application knows about stuff that is always going to be
there. If it's temporary or changes on every run, just use the reactor
directly.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
http://www.zoteca.com -- Python & Twisted consulting