[Twisted-Python] Passing mx.DateTime objects to PB

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Jul 16 10:43:19 MDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 03:49:07PM -0000, Moshe Zadka wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Egor Cheshkov <egor at iplus.ru> wrote:
>
> > Hello! Another beginner's question. How can I pass mx.DateTime
> > objects to and from PB remote method calls? Should I create a
> > subclass of mx.DateTime and pb.Copyable?
>
> A. Did everyone drink copying juice today or something? Stop copying classes,
> people. Most of the time, you want remote references. Really.

I can't imagine why you'd want to use a Referenceable for a DateTime
object. Copying probably _is_ what he should be using.

> C. It doesn't appear that Jelly or PB support components, precluding
> that strategy. Am I wrong? Is there a way to use components?

I started this way back at PyCon, but never finished it. I didn't want
to implement it for this generation of PB when there's a newer one in
the, uhm, toaster.

So, for now, there's going to have to be a new class. :-(

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/