[Twisted-Python] Woven and deferred models

Rich Cavanaugh rich at enflyer.com
Mon Jul 14 09:51:04 MDT 2003

I spent some time in #twisted this weekend looking for a solution to
this and got some very helpful advice from phed and radix but no real
solution to what looks like a bug.

The attached rpy is an example of what I'm trying to do. As is woven
doesn't even touch the child nodes of my model="main" tag. Add
view="None" and it at least gives me a trace-back on model="name" which
is a step beyond not touching it at all.

If anyone has a better approach to this problem I'd appreciate the
input. Basically I have some models that will take some time to fully
initialize due to lots of database activity. The sub-models need all of
this data in place. I'm trying to find a way to fully initialize a
model before woven continues on to it's sub-models.

rich