[Twisted-Python] One big smile ...

Abe Fettig abe at fettig.net
Sat Jul 12 12:49:58 MDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 14:13, Moshe Zadka wrote:
> Thanks a lot!
> I would want, however, to comment on your examples and to show how
> they could be a bit more "idiomatic".

Thanks, it's much appreciated.

> Note the "Golden rule": physically, the reactor.stop() and the reactor.run()
> calls should be in physical proximity. This is a nice rule of thumb
> for writing reusable code. Note, for example, how we can now use this
> module (say, called formattedrss) to write resources:

That makes a lot of sense.  Your examples were great - it's amazing how
easy it is to hook up a protocol to this kind of module.

And, while you're in the mood for critiquing...

Attached is a very small Twisted program I wrote last week as an
experiment with ApplicationServices.  It starts two simple services,
with a web interface that lets you start and stop them.  I was planning
to use this example as the basis for my first "What I've learned about
Twisted so far" article on my website, so suggestions/comments would be
great.

Abe