[Twisted-Python] ldap for twisted

Clark C. Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Wed Jul 2 11:45:38 MDT 2003

After giving much thought to ldaptor, I've decided to use python-ldap
for my short-term needs.   I've done this for a few reasons:

  1.  python-ldap is quite mature, it is a thin wrapper over
      OpenLDAP.   It is fairly well documented, licensed well,
      has some unit tests, etc.

  2.  python-ldap has a very nice async interface which I am
      wrapping with flow and deferreds.   I will probably put
      this wrapper in the sandbox when I finish for those
      who are interested.i

  3.  ldaptor is not part of Twisted, and thus the choice is
      between two external modules; and my deployment platform
      already has OpenLDAP installed so pure python is not a
      requirement

Best,

Clark