[Twisted-Python] twistedMoin ?

Michal Wallace michal at sabren.com
Tue Jul 1 06:15:51 MDT 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

> On Monday, June 30, 2003, at 09:02 PM, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
>
> > Are you sure it's not people running moin as a CGI? That's what
> > twistedmatrix.com does.
>
> Considering that the CGI support in Twisted was developed for MoinMoin
> and Mailman, and almost all the bugfixes that made it stable were from
> MoinMoin's maintainer, you could even say that MoinMoin+Twisted CGI
> *is* "Twisted-enabled" MoinMoin :)

Ah, I see now. One of my customers is
running MoinMoin on apache right now, and
getting a TON of traffic, so I was hoping
to switch to a non-forking version based
on twisted.

There's actually a twistedMoin.py in the
MoinMoin distribution that works about
half way - I got a twisted server with an
embedded MoinMoin running, but there are
still some objects lying around that want
to grab state out of a global area instead
of passing the information in through a
request object. (Unfortunately, one of
those is the bit that decides what page
we're looking at.) I may wind up finishing
the job myself, but I thought I'd ask
around first. :)

Sincerely,

Michal J Wallace