[Twisted-Python] Re: Twisted and Python 2.3

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Thu Jul 31 11:47:45 EDT 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:37:33 +0200
Thomas Heller <theller at python.net> wrote:

> But wouldn't it be more useful to put this in the warning, instead of
> these strange texts? I would be somewhat worried that these texts (if
> I do not test the program good enough) may at some time been shown to
> the innocent user =8(

Those are warnings (so you can supress them with python options etc.).
And yes, we need to remove them, by switching to the new code (it's on
my TODO list for win32eventreactor, hopefully before 1.0.7 is released.)

> But maybe I have no sense for this kind of humor.

The deprecated methods were "own" and "disown".

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
http://www.zoteca.com -- Python & Twisted consulting