[Twisted-Python] Re: Debugging client programs

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Jul 30 16:58:43 EDT 2003

Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org> writes:

> To rephrase, just make a python file with a t.i.app.Application instance
> called "application" on the module level. See
> http://itamarst.org/writings/OSCON03/twisted_internet-129.html for
> details.

Thanks for the link, but I'm still not quite sure how to do this on a
client side (there is no listening going on here), nor how to choose a
reactor given this setup.

> You can also, as with *any* regular python script, run "python
> /usr/lib/python2.2/pdb.py yourscript.py" on any runnable python script
> you have, without making any changes to it. This won't enable one

Yup, I'm familiar with pdb and have already used it on my Twisted
code.  One of the problems that I have to figure out is "why was this
callback called and why is it getting crap passed in?"  There's no
stack to show me that answer, and I had hoped that the twistd debug
additions might be of some assistance there.