[Twisted-Python] questions about Twisted mail

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue Jul 29 12:36:48 EDT 2003

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:20:55 -0500
"Matthew R. Scott" <twisted at goldenspud.com> wrote:

> Followup query...
>
> On Tue 2003-07-29 01:23, Tommi Virtanen wrote:
> > 	I've said this earlier, and I'll say it again. twisted.mail is
> > 	not really ready for production use yet. It can still lose
> > 	email.
>
> Is there any current plan for bringing twisted.mail up to spec for
> production use?  In other words, is it known what can cause it to lose
> mail?  and if that is known, what kind of work would it take to fix
> that?

It's not that it loses mail, though it might do so. It's that we haven't
tested it enough to be certain of its stability (it hasn't been used
enough to be trust worthy). So it might have a bug which causes mail
loss and we wouldn't know about it.

Jean-Paul Calderone is currently putting a lot of work into all of
Twisted's mail code (protocol support and twisted.mail). He would be the
person to talk to in terms of missing functionality, help needed and
potential issues, etc.. But he's on vacation for a week.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
http://www.zoteca.com -- Python & Twisted consulting