[Twisted-Python] Wrapping blocking code

Justin Johnson justinjohnson at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 28 11:10:31 EDT 2003

Another interesting problem...

The command I am trying to run using my subclass of ProcessProtocol is a
commercial product that needs to get a license from a license server,
plus it needs to talk to another server to get data.  So it needs to open
a socket to the license server and a different during my invocation of
the command.  When I run the command using the attached code, I get a
message saying it can't contact the license server, even though the
command works just fine on the command-line, outside of python/twisted.
Is there a valid reason my process can't communicate out, or is this
possibly a bug with the win32eventreactor?  Attached is the file I'm
running, and the output I get is below.

cmd: cleartool.exe
args: ['lsvob', '-s']
stdout:
stderr: cleartool: Error: Unknown host 'rat00001': [WINSOCK] Host not
found
cleartool: Error: Cannot contact license server host "rat00001".
cleartool: Error: You do not have a license to run ClearCase.

status: 0
failure: [Failure instance: Traceback:
twisted.internet.error.ProcessTerminated
 process ended with exit code 1
]
*--- Failure #5 ---
--- <exception caught here> ---