[Twisted-Python] htpasswd / HTTP basic auth example

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Mon Jul 21 12:53:51 EDT 2003

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:03:43 +1000
Andrew Bennetts <andrew-twisted at puzzling.org> wrote:

> For what it's worth, I originally *tried* to implement this with
> newcred/guard, and couldn't figure out how.  I seem to recall that a
> large stumbling block was UsernamePasswordWrapper not being useful if
> you are trying to compare against *hashed* passwords;

We now have a new credential type whose name I forget, or possibly the
same one. Anyway, *some* credential type, which explicitly exposes the
password. Which is what you should use. And it was added for the exact
reason you mentioned.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
http://www.zoteca.com -- Python & Twisted consulting