[Twisted-Python] One big smile ...

Moshe Zadka m at moshez.org
Tue Jul 15 14:11:55 EDT 2003

On 15 Jul 2003, Abe Fettig <abe at fettig.net> wrote:

> Right, in a real app I'd have my classes in seperate modules.  I'm just
> trying to demonstrate a Twisted app by putting everything in the same
> file.  Is this really not possible?

Yes, pickling and putting classes in the config file are incompatible.
This makes perfect sense if you consider that pickles saves classes
by reference, and there is no reason it will be able to find your
file to load the code from them. Making class picklable is not important
while testing -- feel free to run with --no_save during early development
stages, especially for demonstrations. I tend to have serious allergies
to putting class definitions in the config file anyway :)
Anyway, not only is this limitation inherent, nobody has plans to
make it go away.

--
Moshe Zadka -- http://moshez.org/
Buffy: I don't like you hanging out with someone that... short.