[Twisted-Python] One big smile ...

Abe Fettig abe at fettig.net
Tue Jul 15 12:52:30 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 23:22, Moshe Zadka wrote:
> >         cPickle.PicklingError: Can't pickle
> > __builtin__.ServiceWebManager: it's not found as
> > __builtin__.ServiceWebManager
>
> A better way, after you're beyond simply examples, is to put the
> classes in a module. Even if you don't use the snapshots, they are
> sometimes useful for post-mortem debugging.

Right, in a real app I'd have my classes in seperate modules.  I'm just
trying to demonstrate a Twisted app by putting everything in the same
file.  Is this really not possible?

(I also tried running the app without passing save=0.  When I kill it,
it creates a file named "Test App-shutdown.tap".  But if I try to run
this using "twistd -nf Test\ App-shutdown.tap", I get another error:
Failed to load application: <twisted.persisted.styles.Ephemeral instance
at 0x819ebf4> is not safe for unpickling)

Honestly it doesn't bother me if I can't support pickling in this
example.  But from the comments on this list it seems like making an app
pickleable is very important, so in the interests of doing things the
Twisted Way I'd like to get it working.

Abe