[Twisted-Python] Problem with Twisted on Windows XP

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Jul 14 15:53:13 EDT 2003

Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:25:33 +0200
> Rudy Schockaert <Rudy.Schockaert at pandora.be> wrote:
>
> > Thanks you very much Itamar. It is indeed that crappy WIndows telnet
> > client. I should have known better.
> > Wouldn't it be a good idea to mention this in the docs?
>
> Well, then we'd have to make a list of all the ways Windows sucks in
> every document we wrote, and that would be far too time consuming.

At least a reference to specifics about the ways in which the
crappy Windows telnet client sucks would be helpful, at least
for the archives.  This is the first I've heard of it, and I've
experienced only minor annoyances, never actual defects.  I'm
good at working around Windows suckiness, though, so maybe that's
why it never much bothered me.

Anyway, is there a good page that covers the "very very broken"
nature of Windows telnet?  (Uncharacteristically being too lazy
to google, but I've got a meeting in two minutes.)

-Peter