[Twisted-Python] Problem with Twisted on Windows XP

Rudy Schockaert Rudy.Schockaert at pandora.be
Mon Jul 14 14:39:04 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I got very excited last month when I learned more about Twisted @
EuroPython. Now that I finally have some free time, I wanted to learn
how to use it.
I'm working on Windows XP with Python 2.2.2 and Twisted 1.0.5 and 1.0.6.
As I am reading through the HOWTOs I wanted to try out each example.
Already at the first example I'm having problems.
I ran mktap.py telnet -p 4040 | -u admin -w admin.
Then I ran twistd.py -f telnet.tap and the application seems to run.
When I telnet to port 4040 on localhost I get a prompt for the username
and for the password. After entering them I don't get a Python prompt at
all.

Am I doing something wrong? Don't all parts of twisted run on Windows?
If so, what does and what doesn't?

Thanks in advance,

Rudy