[Twisted-Python] new bugtracker

Jonathan Lange jml at ids.org.au
Sun Jul 13 13:18:08 EDT 2003

On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 05:44:18PM +0200, Philippe Lafoucri?re wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 17:16, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> > I've finished setting up Roundup to replace our sourceforge based
> > bugtracker. I've migrated most of the open bugs that were on
> > sourceforge; so everyone go create a user and get crackin'.
> >

> What will be the future of Issues ?

As the Billy-Goats of Time cross the Bridge of Destiny and are attacked by the
Troll of Fate, so too must the Broom of Eternity sweep all things into the
Dustpan of History.

I tried to send an email to the list a week ago talking about the future of
Issues. Basically, if Twisted isn't using it, I'm not interested in
it. Further, I discourage further use and maintenance, as it doesn't have a
user base, and there are already too many partially-finished, under-used Free
Software projects in the world.

On a more personal note, I *do* think it kind of sucks that Issues isn't
getting used by Twisted, but I'm not particularly bitter about it. It's been
good working on it, and I hope to continue using Twisted and contributing to
it.

cheers,
jml