[Twisted-Python] Implementing a syslog-deamon ??

Thomas Weholt ( PRIVAT ) 2002 at weholt.org
Thu Jul 10 05:32:53 EDT 2003

Hi,

I was wondering if I could implement a fully syslog-compatible
syslog-deamon/server using Twisted? We need a syslog up and running as soon
as possible to let our firewall use it, due to some suspicion about hacking
etc. It would help alot of I could implement a syslog-deamon that put data
sent to it into a database, instead of to a file. The server must be able to
run on Windows.

This would also be a perfect oppertunity to show of Python, open-source and
Twisted to a group of people who adore Microsoft and Borland and think
python and all other scripting-languages are for kids and trivial,
non-critical things.

Anyway, any hint you can give me will be appreciated.

Best regards,
Thomas