[Twisted-Python] wxPython locking the event processing?

Patrik Blommaskog pb_twisted at olga.mine.nu
Sat Jul 5 14:48:59 EDT 2003

Good, that's what I did already. :)

So if I understand it correctly, at least reactor.callFromThread (and
callLater?) are thread safe in this case?

> > and the wx equivalent to call wx APIs from the
> > twisted thread.
>
> The wx equivalent should be wx.CallAfter, which will schedule the given
> function in the (wx) mainthread.

Thanks!

> Even if you decide to use the unthreaded
> recipe I posted on activestate, you will still have to call wx
> functions from outside a twisted callback.

I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean that a reactor.callFromThread won't
do to, say, insert text into a text control, and I should use wx.CallAfter
instead, even in your unthreaded recipe?

- Patrik