[Twisted-Python] wxPython locking the event processing?

Patrik Blommaskog pb_twisted at olga.mine.nu
Sat Jul 5 04:52:58 EDT 2003

Hi list,

Using Twisted/wxPython/Win2k, it seems to me like Twisted's event processing
gets locked up while I'm moving around in a menu (without selecting
anyting). For example, if there is a callLater() pending, but the menu bar
is activated when the time occurs, the call is not made until I leave the
menu.

The problem is easily demonstrated with the Twisted wxPython demo found at:

	http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/examples/wxdemo.py

Start the app, then click on the "File" menu. Don't select anything, just
leave the menu there. Now, the output to stdout is suspended. Release the
menu and the output resumes.

Now, I would really like for my model to keep working in the background
while I'm moving around in the GUI.

Any suggestions?

- Patrik