[Twisted-Python] User notes for documentation.

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Fri Jul 4 06:47:39 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 08:00:22PM +1000, Rene Dudfield wrote:
> hey
>
> Would it be possible to add a user notes system to the twisted
> documentation?
>
> Examples of projects that use this are the postgresql, crystalspace, and
> php.

It could probably be done; but personally I've never much liked those
systems.  I'd much rather have suggestions and criticisms sent to the
mailing list (or bug tracker), where they can be discussed more easily, and
then have any improvements integrated into the proper docs.

Documentation patches are most welcome -- and you can already send those to
this mailing list!

If people feel their comments on the docs are too trivial to bother the main
list, then perhaps there is justification for a twisted-docs list?  At the
moment, though, there doesn't seem to be enough interest from non-developers
to improve the docs to justify a seperate list -- or to justify the effort
involved in adding a user notes system to the online docs.

[Sadly, wikis and other systems reliant upon the community for the bulk of
the content don't seem to be a magic bullet to creating the docs everyone
wishes they had.]

-Andrew.