[Twisted-Python] Can't get ssh-connections to work

Anders Bruun Olsen anders at bruun-olsen.net
Thu Jul 3 15:49:30 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 12:41:26AM -0400, Paul Swartz wrote:
> > I am brand-spanking new at twisted but wanted to make an app that
> > connects through ssh to a remote machine and fetches some info, which I
> > thought twisted to be perfect for. I am trying to get the ssh example to
> > work but it just hangs!
> > I have entered it exactly as it is on the webpage (cut-and-paste and the
> > fixed the indentions). The only thing changed is the host to connect to,
> > there I have chosen a server I have running on my LAN.
> > I have also added a call to log.startLogging(sys.stdout, setStdout=0) to
> > get some logging output to see if I could figure out the problem. This
> > is the output I get:
> Could you send me the code you've got?  Also, try the example in
> doc/examples/sshsimpleclient.py

sshsimpleclient.py works, so it is either me who has done something
wrong when copy-pasting the code from the howto or perhaps the howto
needs to be updated? It looks like sshsimpleclient.py and the code in
the howto uses different classes?!?

The howto I am talking about is this one:
http://www.twistedmatrix.com/documents/howto/conch_client

Just to make sure we are all talking about the same thing :)

I'll study sshsimpleclient.py to learn how it works.

--
Anders
PGPKey: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8BFECB41