[Twisted-Python] PB , authorizor, getIdentRequest

Eric Merritt cyberlync at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 31 13:09:23 MST 2003

Hello all,

 I have been playing with pb for a few days now and
have run into a bit of a snag. I support of my pb
based server I created an authorizor that did a little
db based authorization. At first I had it returning
the ident object, but then I realized (after a few
attribute errors) that it should be returning a
deffered object. Then I saw the mention of dbcred from
the enterprise package. That help allot and I actually
got it working by pulling some code from dbcred.

 At this point you could authorize yourself based on
the database and make calls to the server, and all was
good.

 At that point I was pretty happy but I noticed that
within the code for dbcred it makes a call to
threads.defferToTread. Me being me, I thought to
myself 'I am not using threads, so why am I using
this?' and I took it out. So I changed it, and am
simply returning a deffered object that has a callback
that returns the identity object, and it fails. In any
case, I was wondering if any one had any idea of why
removing the thread specific code causes it to fail.

Also in a completly unrelated question, is it possible
for the server to make calles on the client? I figure
this is possible by passing a referencable object to
the server perspective, but I thought I would get a
little advice before I started playing with it.

Thanks,
Eric