[Twisted-Python] cReactor fixes

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Mon Jan 6 12:39:26 MST 2003

On Mon, 06 Jan 2003 11:33:32 -0800 (PST)
Brian Warner <warner at lothar.com> wrote:

> You might want to provide an easy way to turn those tests back on
> (bypassing the "is-it-implemented" test). Unit tests are a good way to
> point out functionality that hasn't been implemented yet. If the test
> suite appears to pass cleanly, someone might be fooled into thinking
> that cReactor works just as well as the others.

I don't see it as being that important, we just need a good README for
cReactor saying what it supports.

> Of course, there might be other/better ways to signal that this
> reactor behaves differently than all the others, and that this is a
> design decision and not just as-yet-unimplemented functionality.
> (__implements__ comes to mind, but I don't know how visible that would
> be to a user who's left wondering why their program fails when run
> under cReactor).

__implements__ is how I'm going to check if a reactor implements
something.

As I said, if cReactor has addReader/addWriter interface
twisted.internet.interfaces.IReactorFDSet, we get ssl, udp, multicast,
serial and process support almost for free using the python code for
these, until a C version is written.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python, Twisted, Zope and Java consulting