[Twisted-Python] Jelly rocks! ... and a question ...

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Sat Jan 4 15:43:24 MST 2003

On Sat, 04 Jan 2003 16:37:50 -0500
Steve Waterbury <waterbug at beeblebrox.gsfc.nasa.gov> wrote:

> Second: what's the latest twisted thinking on
> "best practice" for transfering bulk data (aka "file upload")
> in an xmlrpc or soap context?  (Yes, you've given me your
> thoughts on this before ... just checking to see if there's
> any new, er, twists ...)

Problem with twisted's built-in xmlrpc and soap code that it keeps the
whole request in memory. So, as is, sending in chunks using
twisted.web.xmlrpc.Binary (alias for xmlrpclib.Binary) might be a good
idea.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python, Twisted, Zope and Java consulting