[Twisted-Python] Addition to IProcess API

Paul Swartz z3p at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Jan 2 21:20:16 MST 2003

We talked about this on #twisted for a while, I
just wanted to run this past the mailing list to
make sure no one has any objections.  I propose a
new method be added to the IProcess API.  The
method is signalProcess, and will be used to send
signals to process's run in the reactor.  The
method would look something like this:

def signalProcess(self, signalID):
    """
    Send a signal to the process.  signalID can
be:

    * one of "HUP", "KILL", "STOP", or "INT".
These will be implemented in a
    cross-platform manner, and so should be used
if possible.
    * an integer, where it represents a POSIX
signal ID.
    """

The strings (or something like that) must be used
because other than SIGINT, the windows signal
module doesn't define the constants.

Any objections?

-p
--