[Twisted-Python] Webchat

Achim Domma achim at procoders.net
Fri Jan 31 13:41:15 MST 2003

Hi,

I'm new to Twisted an want to understand a little bit more what it can do
for me. I have implemented a webchat using the asyncore module. If a user
logs in, he will the redirected to a frameset. The top frame contains the
'room view' and is in fact an endless page, so the connection has to be
keept alive as long as the user is logged in. The bottom frame contains the
input form. It posts a message to the server and the message is written to
the open connections of all users in the room.

Could somebody explain me, if such an architecture is possible with Twisted,
and what might be the benefits compared to using raw asyncore. If possible a
very rought roadmap how to begin would also be very helpfull.

regards,
Achim