[Twisted-Python] How do I upload files using FTPClient?

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Wed Jan 8 07:53:17 EST 2003

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 10:37:22AM +1100, Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 10:14:18AM -0800,  Daniel Burr wrote:
> >
> > I've experimented with twisted.protocols.ftp.FTPClient, and the one thing I
> > can't seem to grok is how to perform file uploads.  I've read through the
> > code, and it seems that the FTP server class supports RETR and STOR, using
> > DTPFactory, while FTPClient only supports RETR, and implements it
> > independently.
>
> Yes, that's my fault.  I haven't gotten around to that yet -- I might have a
> stab at it tonight, it shouldn't actually be that hard.  I'll try to make sure
> I get this done in time for the 1.0.2 release.

Just letting you know I haven't forgotten about this, but solving this
properly really involves refactoring the mess in FTPClient.retrieve... and
if I do that properly, it'll make my planned rewrite of the FTP server alot
easier, as it ought to be able to re-use the code.  Unfortunately this means
it might take a few more days before this happens.

-Andrew.