[Twisted-Python] Trial - A replacement for pyunit.

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Mon Jan 6 01:34:17 EST 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 06:06:08AM +0200, Tommi Virtanen wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 03:45:39AM -0500, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> > > TODO (maybe):
> > > - Randomize execution order
> >
> > Thought of something.
> >
> > When this is implemented, it'll be very important (for obvious
> > reasons) to have the execution order saved to some file on every run,
> > with the ability to read in that file for future runs.
>
>   Maybe just print out the PRNG seed you started with when exiting.

Hmm.  While Python's PRNG is pure python, so should give the same results
with the same seed on different platforms, I think saving the execution
order is better.  Consider the case of fixing a test that involves
generating more or less random numbers than before -- the act of fixing the
test loses the determinism you were hoping to preserve with the PRNG.

Also, it'd probably be nice if adding tests didn't interfere with
"replaying" a specific run of tests.

It's probably worth saving the PRNG with the execution order, though :)

-Andrew.