[Twisted-Python] Fixes for windows installer

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Fri Feb 28 03:16:11 MST 2003

Dear twisted developers, here are my patches against current twisted CVS
which make the bdist_wininst installer work correctly, tested on win98
and WinXP, built Python2.3 and Python 2.2 (although the latter requires
a newer distutils version which supports the postinstall script).

Apart from fixing this stuff so that it works for me, I made some
additional changes:

1. win32all is no longer required for the postinstall script, because
bdist_wininst has builtin support to create shortcuts.  So I removed the
warning message from the first screen.

2. The icons are no longer installed in a "Twisted 1.0.4alpha1" entry in
the start menu, the Python version is also required here (because
twisted can be installed separately for multiple Python versions on the
same machine).  The entry now looks like this:
"Twisted 1.0.4alpha1 (Python 2.2)"

I hereby assign the copyright for this stuff to the Twisted Matrix Labs,
because I would prefer to patch this stuff only once. Is this sufficient
for someone to check this in (after discussion, maybe)?

Thomas