[Twisted-Python] session

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Feb 16 03:09:10 MST 2003

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 01:08:04AM +0100, Thomas Weholt wrote:
> - how do I send HTTP-headers to the client?

That's documented in Request's API ;-)

> - if I want to create some webservices, both XML-RPC and SOAP-based without
> starting a different server using something like the code below, how do I do
> that? I want to run one server, providing both webservices and content aimed
> at browsers.
>
> - is this the preferred way of doing things? Can I base my work on this

No -- you want to use .rpys (.rpys can be used for XML-RPC resources
too, of course). William made some nice changes to that example, but
changing it to instantiate its own server.Site was a bad one.

> I'm still a bit unclear on wheter Twisted is a async.  *blocking*
> framework, making concurrent downloads harder, if at all

No, Twisted is non-blocking. i.e., NEVER write code that blocks in
Twisted applications, unless you know what you're doing :-)

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/