[Twisted-Python] Getting started using Twisted for servlet-like development

William Dode wilk-ml at flibuste.net
Sat Feb 15 01:56:32 MST 2003

Hi,

I'm new also, but i'll try to help you with what i find recently (and
it works !)

When you don't find documentation, goto api-doc

"Thomas Weholt" <2002 at weholt.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to the Twisted-framework, but it looks cool and has a lot of modules I'd like to use in a project. The only problem is that the current docs are a bit thin when it comes to web-development, when developing servlet-like dynamic-content.
>
> Does anybody have a tutorial or a reference project I could use to get the hang of it?
>
> What I need is this:
> - Cookie-handling ( not mention at all in the docs )
there are in Request :

getCookie(self, key)
Get a cookie that was sent from the network. (inherited from Request)

addCookie(self, k, v, expires, domain, path, max_age, comment, secure)
Set an outgoing HTTP cookie. (inherited from Request)

> - Forms-processing ( this can be done manually when parsing the posted data, I'd like to get this done automatically )
also in Request (i find it in the source code, maybe it's a method for
them ?)

request.args

but why everythings is in list ?
?a=5&b=3