[Twisted-Python] Re: cred? spread?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Feb 13 01:51:08 MST 2003

On 12 Feb 2003 18:58:02 -0800, Kevin Turner <acapnotic at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> To the best of my knowledge, there are currently no facilities for
> introspection across PB, so there's no built-in way to say "what remote
> methods can I call on this object," nor is there even a "what services
> are available", one of which would be the close analog to your "what
> objects can I talk to" question.

I don't have any time for this, but it should be a straightforward thing to do
to implement on top of existing protocol semantics.  I would appreciate it if
somebody who knows a bit about PB and Python interfaces (bonus if you can use
twisted.python.formmethod for some of it, but that's not necessary) could take
a crack at proposing a standard set of methods for PB object introspection.

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |