[Twisted-Python] Re: In Defense of Taps

William Dode wilk-ml at flibuste.net
Wed Feb 12 09:12:31 MST 2003

Moshe Zadka <m at moshez.org> writes:

> I encourage the "newbies" on the list to speak up: what are *you* planning
> to do with Twisted, and which documents would help you with that.

So, i'm a newbie with twisted, and let's see what i'm planning to do
with twisted. Stop me if i'm wrong.

first, use it like classic internet web server (to replace python cgi).
For this, if we use .rpy and tap, it's easy.
second, use it for web intranet : it must work on windows. The possibility to
embed it in a .exe is fine. Just that it could be good to can take out
what we don't use (tk for example).

and last, i would like to use twisted for a shared hosting with virtual
hosting without using apache and other ftpd...
In some minutes i could make a system of virtual hosting with proxy for
somes, static and cgi for others. Somes minutes more and i could make a
litle interface to dynamicaly manage the hosts ! crazy !!!

I would like to know if it exist hosting with twisted ?

The documentation is hard in the begin, after somes hours it's become
magic. But we are note sure to understand what we do (reactor,
application etc...).
Examples are very usefull because the framework is very efficient.

Like a lot of pythoners i think, i begin with hacking CGIHTTPServer. So
example of how to do with it and the same with Twisted will be great.

Why not a wiki ? I find a lot of tips in the archive of the
mailing-list.

Thanks for your work and your attention.

--
William Dode - http://flibuste.net