[Twisted-Python] where to begin

Rob Brown-Bayliss rob at zoism.org
Mon Feb 10 19:01:26 MST 2003

Hi - Help!

I have begun looking at twisted and imediatly became overwelmed,
factories, reactors, taps, enterprise, web, spread...

There is a lot, but every article I have read on the site seems to rely
on the reader understanding what several of these are and how they
relate and why they relate etc etc.

So I am guessing that twisted can be of use to me, I am embarking on a
GTK2 style app, and I see twisted can some how interact with the gtk
mainloop.

My project consists of several client apps that continual send and
recieve data from the main control app.  Some of the clients may be on
the same machine as the control app, some on other machines depending on
location.

Some times the control app needs to send the same information to all
apps togeather and some times only to one or two clients.

I had been looking at spread (not twisted spread) for this
functionality, and it can be of use, but can twisted provide a better
solution or is spread better suited to this sort of application?

More importantly could some one provide me with a pointer to a basic
gtk2 client server setup as a starting point for my exploration?

Thanks

--

*  Rob Brown-Bayliss