[Twisted-Python] A useful value for argv[0]

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Mon Feb 10 16:16:53 MST 2003

  I think it would be neat if twistd re-executed itself(/python), and
specified the name of the tap/tas/tax file it was currently processing as
the value for argv[0].  This would make administering a system with many
twistd processes running much easier.  Want to see your webserver?  Just
run "ps -C web.tap".  Of course there could still be name conflicts, but
this might encourage the naming of tap files to be more selective.  The
system wide twisted.web tap could be "system-web" and Bob's distributed web
could be "bob-web".

  It makes integration with init scripts easier, too (at least on the
system's I'm familiar with), for the same reason.  Instead of keeping track
of pid files, just specify the name of the tap to start/stop/whatever.

  Anyone like?  Anyone hate?

  Jp