[Twisted-Python] Re: Lore vs. latex2html: Fight to the Finish (Moshe Zadka)

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Feb 9 21:26:27 MST 2003

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 13:55:44 -0500, Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:

> Why not PDF instead of EPS?  They're practically the same internally,
> conversion from eps -> pdf is trivial, and PDF is a lot more likely to be
> viewable.

PS is an older and more established format with better free tools for
manipulating it.  I certainly haven't had the experience of EPS=>PDF being
"trivial" (it seems to be lossy unless you're careful about it), and I know of
good-quality PS viewers everywhere and PDF viewers only in some places.

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |