[Twisted-Python] Sending email asynchronously

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Feb 7 04:26:34 MST 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:08:33 +1100, Andrew Bennetts <andrew-twisted at puzzling.org> wrote:
> In my opinion, "I can't be bothered learning how to use a perfectly good
> standard library module" isn't a reason.  Obviously if the standard library
> module isn't "perfectly good", there's scope for reinvention, but so far
> no-one has claimed that this is the case.

Speaking as an outspoken advocate of NIH, I definitely think that in this case
the standard library module is perfectly good :-).  I've been doing a lot with
email processing lately, and hopefully some of this work will start filtering
back Twisted-wards soon.

I was going to write a bunch of other stuff about odd situations that occur in
email, but: suffice it to say that email is not as simple as it seems at first
blush.  You can make some really weird mistakes, and having a central
chokepoint for dealing with MIME implementation weirdness is nice.

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |