[Twisted-Python] reactor.run() or application.save()+run?

Mario Ruggier mario at ruggier.org
Thu Feb 27 12:15:08 EST 2003

Hi,

trying to turn the little Resources example (below) into an application
(replacing use of reactor with application), so that I can save it as
an application,
when i call "twistd -f pargs-webapp.tap", I get the following error :

Failed to load application: <twisted.persisted.styles.Ephemeral
instance at 0x3ad330> is not safe for unpickling

If I do not call save() but just run(), the application runs
correctly...

Any ideas?

mario

###

from twisted.web.resource import Resource
#from twisted.internet import reactor
from twisted.internet import app
from twisted.web.server import Site
from twisted.web.static import File
from PathArgs import PathArgs

class DynamicRequest(Resource):
     def isLeaf(self):
         return false
     def render(self, req):
         req.setHeader('Content-type','text/plain')
         resp = 'uri: %s \nargs: %s\npathargs: %s\n'
         return resp % ( req.uri, req.args, req.pathargs )

###

def run():
     root = PathArgs(splitOnComma=1)
     root.putChild("dynamic", DynamicRequest())
     root.putChild("static",MyFile("."))
     site = Site(root)
     #reactor.listenTCP(8081,site)
     #reactor.run()