[Twisted-Python] session

justin at iago.org justin at iago.org
Mon Feb 24 17:45:42 EST 2003

Christopher Armstrong <radix at twistedmatrix.com> writes:

> On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 10:31:46AM -0500, justin at iago.org wrote:
>> Christopher Armstrong <radix at twistedmatrix.com> writes:
>>
>> > you want to use .rpys
>>
>> A quick look through the documentation index doesn't show anything
>> that is obviously about .rpys.  How should the uninitiated be finding
>> out that they want to use them, if they don't even see a mention?
>
> Don't look so quickly.
>
> http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/howto/using-twistedweb
>
> There's an entire section about them there.

Thanks.  Now I know what they are.

However, that doesn't really answer the point I was making.

Starting from the roots of the documentation, I would not have
found that, as I am not using or intending to use the Twisted Web server.

If these are actually recommended for general use, then they should be
presented in a non-domain-specific section of the documentation.

It would also be good if they were presented in context showing their
purpose, capbilities and role, perhaps in comparison to TAPs.

-Justin