[Twisted-Python] Basic HTTP Authentication in Twisted.web

Allen Chan user143 at tsolver.com
Wed Feb 19 06:39:58 EST 2003

The following test.rpy works for me in MSIE:

from twisted.protocols import http
from twisted.web import resource,error

class AuthResource(resource.Resource):
    def __init__(self):
        resource.Resource.__init__(self)

    def render(self, request):
        if not request.getUser() or not request.getPassword():
            request.setHeader('WWW-authenticate', 'Basic realm="%s"' %
("default"))
            errpage = error.ErrorPage(http.UNAUTHORIZED,"Unauthorized","401
Authentication required")
            return errpage.render(request)
        else:

resource = AuthResource()