[Twisted-Python] PB and multiple apps

Jeff Grimmett grimmtooth at softhome.net
Fri Feb 14 21:55:07 EST 2003

> You shouldn't need to be looking at the reactor's
> implementation to use PB.
>
> The reactor is Twisted's event loop.  Thus, reactor.stop()
> will shutdown your Twisted app.  If you don't want your app
> to stop in your callback, don't call reactor.stop() in your callback.
>
> I feel that either you're missing the obvious or I'm
> misunderstanding what you're asking.

You're probably right on both points :-)

Let me boil this down to essentials. I need a way of creating and
invoking a one-shot pb client to communicate with a remote object in a
manner that can be re-used by modules either in an app/rector or modules
that are functioning outside of an app/reactor.

I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually, it's just rough going at the
moment...